[Frequently Asked Questions]
|SPECCY RESOURCES - UTILITIES
This page last updated on 11 Aug 2000
Note: emulator home pages are no longer listed here
unless they contain content other than the emulator itself; see the Emulators
section if you want to download an emulator.
- Martijn van der Heide has a collection of both
his and other people's utilities on World of Spectrum:
see the Essential Sites section for more details.
- Ozzy's Computer Emulation Page
contains ZX-Base, a Win95 database program for organising your spectrum
programs, and a few links.
- DoggySoft have written several Acorn ARM Spectrum-related utilities.
- Luis Yanes' EB7GWL Electronics
page has some hardware projects for the Speccy.
- HokeyPokey is Chris Ainsley's utility for finding pokes for
Speccy games, and is available from his Home Page.
- The Official MESS Home Page
claims that Spectrum emulation will be included in the next release of
- The Poke Finder Wizard
is an add-on program for zx32 which helps you
to find pokes for games.
- Steve Smith has put a couple of his utilities onto his otherwise pretty
standard Sinclair Spectrum pages.
- Alexander Evdokimov's Soft for ZX Spectrum
page apparently contains "my cross-development tools such as assembler
Z80Asm, disassembler, TRD-Editor, converters, etc.", but it's all in
Russian, so I'm just going on the author's word here.
by Rodolfo Edison Guerra, is a utility for sorting your Speccy programs
and launching emulators to play them with.
- Philip Kendall's Speccy Page
which has some FAQs, a Head Over Heels walkthrough, a Lemmings level
designer and a snapshot convertor which can handle the z80 v3 to z80
- Rich Jordan has written the Spectrum Graphics Editor
which is a utility for DOS and the Amiga which allows you to edit the
graphics from Spectrum snapshots.
- Igor Eged's Spectrum Page
has plenty of info about TR-DOS file conversion and he has several
utilities for dealing with this sort of stuff.
- Pedro Gimeno's Spectrum Page
is the home of his Spectrum emulator,
as well as some other utilities and the Spanish versions of the +2/+2A/+3 ROMs.
- Joceyln Gibart has created the Spectrum Tape Reader,
a Win95 utility to take your old Spectrum tapes and convert them into either .TAP
or .TZX files.
- Tape Explorer,
by Dan Fry, is a Win 9x/NT utility which gives you an Explorer-like
interface for viewing and editing .TAP files.
- Arsen Torbarina's TapeFix - a program to make your old Speccy tapes readable once more.
- Warajevo has now acquired its own Home Page;
there's a good load of stuff here, other than the obvious download of
the emulator itself. Well worth a visit.
This FAQ is maintained by Philip Kendall;
distribution is permitted only under the conditions specified in the
for this FAQ: http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~pak/cssfaq/index.html.